If you would like the bulletin in .pdf format Click here the Latin Mass times and Intentions are also listed in the bulletin
Second Collection—This Weekend
The annual collection for the support of the seminarians of the Diocese of Monterey is this weekend. The diocese continues to be blessed with fine vocations. Earlier this year four seminari- ans were ordained as transitional deacons and three transition- al deacons were ordained priests for the Diocese of Monterey. Above all, remember to pray for the seminarians—both Francis- can and local diocesan.
Preceding Us to the Father
We offer our prayers of condolences to Cathy McAlister whose brother † Marc Angelo Rizzo passed away at the age of 56. Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord.
Altar and Rosary Society Meeting
The regular meeting of the Altar and Rosary Society will take place this week on Tuesday, September 18th. All are invited to attend and participate. After prayer and Mass at 10:30 a.m., the usual luncheon and business meeting will follow in the par- ish hall.
Respect for the Lifestyle of the Friars
It is probably overdue to remind the parishioners that the Friars have a schedule of prayer and meals that needs to be respect- ed. The communal prayer takes place at 11:45 a.m. and at 4:45 p.m. It is truly annoying to have the telephone or doorbell ringing at these times. In addition, the communal meal is en- joyed at noon. This is community time for the Friars. Please be more careful to observe office hours Monday through Friday (9:00 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 to 4:30 p.m.). Thank you.
Mass Intentions 2019-Especially Saturday Night and Sunday
Requests for Mass intentions to be said in our church has continued to be at a high level. We cannot accommodate everyone’s requests. The deadline for requests is September 30th.
We will continue to follow the prior years’ practices so that more families will have a chance to place intentions on the weekend. The following policies continue to apply for the weekends:
1. Each extended family will have the opportunity to request up to four intentions per calendar year at a specific weekend Mass time (e.g., 10:30 a.m. Sunday);
2. Each extended family may request up to eight (8) intentions per calendar year distributed among the various times of the Saturday night and Sunday Masses;
3. Each extended family will be asked to distribute the intentions throughout the year, so that usually no more than one intention occurs each month.
Annual Ministries Appeal
We have reached our goal This was a wonderful wel- come to the parish gift. The annual Ministries Appeal makes it possible for the Diocese to sponsor programs and ministries that enrich our spiritual journey. Thank you and God bless you for contributing to this important effort.
Outside the Parish
1. St. Patrick’s School is having its 56th Annual Community BBQ & Auction Sunday, September 23rd from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. at St. Patrick School. Admission and parking are free. For information call 489-1210 (area code 805) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Saint Joseph’s Parish In Nipomo is having a Mass of Mercy & Healing on Monday, September 24th at 6:30 p.m. Adoration and Chaplet of Diving Mercy (sung) will be at 6:00 p.m.
3. The Newman Center at Cal Poly is operational with the start of school. The center is meant to help Catholic students at local colleges to have a place to live and express their faith. Masses are celebrated at Our Lady of Mercy Chapel at the Newman Center (Sunday at 6:00 p.m. and Monday through Thursday at 11:10 a.m.). Various ministries are offered at Newman; details are at (www.slonewman.org). The center is located at 1472 Foothill Boulevard, San Luis Obispo; the of- fice is open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (543- 4105).
Parish Activities Start Dates
High School Youth Group (9-12)
Sunday, September 23rd at 6:30 p.m. (rear hall)
Entrance Into the Catholic Church (RCIA)
Tuesday, September 25th at 7:00 p.m. (rear hall)
Franciscan Quarterly Newsletter
The most recent newsletter for the Conventual Franciscans in California and Vietnam is now available. Please take one home to review the life and ministries of the Friars in our various par- ishes, schools and houses.
Protecting Our Children—Safe Environment
Given the recent public outcry over abuse of children in the Catholic Church, a FIRM policy is needed. The parish has fol- lowed the directives of the diocese for years. On Wednesday from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., only authorized individuals and person- nel who have been cleared by the diocese may be in the parish hall (parents or guardians may bring or pick up the children in the hall). NOBODY ELSE will be permitted ANYWHERE in the hall. The NOBODY includes members of the Knights of Columbus, the Altar and Rosary Society and Martha’s Ministry and anyone else. Join us in protecting the children.
Senior Health Screening
San Luis Obispo County is conducting senior health screenings. Seniors (50+) will sit with a registered nurse for blood pressure, weight, total cholesterol, anemia, diabetes, nutrition counseling, referrals, screening, etc. The sites and times are: Saint Paul the Apostle Parish Hall, 800 Bello Street, Pismo Beach, Tuesday, September 18th from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and Central Coast Senior Center, 1580 Railroad, Oceano, Thursday, September 20th from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. A lipid panel will be available at both locations. Please call 544-2484, Ext. 1, for an appointment. Fasting is required.
Coffee and Donuts
Coffee and donuts will be available Sunday morning in the hall.
Continue to pray for those who are ill
Mary Louise Brady, Shawn Clarke, Michalle Hammond, Rosalea Garces, Anne Sterline, Patrick Johnson, Emma Coeh- lo, Vince Filippi, Jerry Williams, Samantha Kohler, Shannon Carpenter, Regina Clarke, Joe Crescione, Paul Adame, Phineus McKenna, Steve Skibinski, Florence and Larry Kotlarek, Jan Shields, Gladys Cotter, Jack Schieble, Jim Maloney, Father Christopher Deitz, Brother Christopher Saindon, David and Richard Darin, Linda Kumalac, Kenneth Bagwell, Lorraine Adler, Delia Cannon, Jannie Graham, Magdaleno Zambo, Debbie Riviera, Donna Escoffery, Eddie Chaiday, Annie Delgado, Mel Or- monde, Irma Silva, Ginger Smith, Dolores Menze, Carlito Untalan, Sue Regusci, Rosemarie Smith, Fred Rodic, Joe Pizzo, George Mahoney, Jennifer Lee, Mary Streumpf, Pauline Azaret, Barbara Matthias, Troy Bruer, Justin Ryan Shahan, Maegan Walling, Al and Yvonne Liddicoat, Pedro Merero, Avila Rose Clark, Fay Firmin, Irene Duralde, John Dynowski, Larry Eskew, Severino Cabreros, Sam Ebeid, Jack Nunes, Sandi Morrissey and Theresa Ramirez.
READINGS FOR THE WEEK
Monday: 1 Cor 11:17-26, 33; Ps 40:7-10, 17; Lk 7:1-10
Tuesday: 1 Cor 12:12-14, 27-31a; Ps 100:1-5; Lk 7:11-17
Wednesday: 1 Cor 12:31 — 13:13; Ps 33:2-5,12, 22;
Thursday: 1 Cor 15:1-11; Ps 118:1b-2, 16ab-17, 28;
Friday:Eph 4:1-7, 11-13; Ps 19:2-5; Mt 9:9-13
Saturday: 1 Cor 15:35-37, 42-49; Ps 56:10c-14; Lk 8:4-15
Sunday:Wis 2:12, 17-20; Ps 54:3-8; Jas 3:16 — 4:3;